Sunday, November 30, 2008

20 HEARTBREAKING SONGS


Yahoo posted a list of Cry Me A River: The 20 Most Heartbreaking Songs of All Time. While I disagree with most of their choices (ABBA? Really?), it was good to see Roy Orbison on the list and I was shocked with their number one pick, He Stopped Loving Her Today by George Jones. Not because I don't like the song, it's one of my favorites, but because George Jones is so often overlooked these days.

George Jones is one of my heroes and a legend in country music. I could go on and on about the man, his rich past and illustrious career but so much has been written about him, I couldn't really add anything. I will say, if you don't own any of his music, you owe it to yourself to pick up 50 Years of Hits.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails