Wednesday, April 29, 2009

SPIDER-MAN THE HYPOCRITE


I read comic books every week but I have a hard time remembering what I read last month and can't keep up with the continuity like all dedicated fanboys out there. I know, I know... I'm a disgrace to comic book readers. But the latest issue of The New Avengers has Spider-Man throwing a major hissy-fit over a stolen Quinjet airplane. Spider-Man's objections went on for several panels and I, as a reader, kept wondering if this was supposed to be funny somehow or if I was missing some part of the story. Well, Slay, Monstrobot of the Deep!! has the answer. Turns out it was just bad storytelling because Spider-Man helped steal that same Quinjet airplane in Secret Invasion #1! He even physically assaulted Black Widow to help steal it. The worst part is both of these stories are written by Brian Michael Bendis. Maybe that Spider-Man was a Skrull or a renegade clone that stole the Quinjet or possibly no one at Marvel is checking the back issues bin, including the writer himself.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails