Wednesday, December 22, 2010

2010 CINESCAPE


It's that time of year when we start seeing video montages highlighting the best films of the year. These videos are a love/hate thing with me. I love that the videos are so well done, reminding me of some of my favorite cinematic moments of the year, but I also hate them because they can make bad movies look so good. Plus, it reminds me of all the movies I haven't seen and desperately want to catch a screening sometime soon.

Matthew Shapiro's 2010 Cinescape is an example of how wonderful movies are and should be. It's his fifth video, this time using a song by The Killers, "A Dustland Fairytale".

"I am a huge believer in the notion that while some films may be for adults and others for kids, and while some films may be of higher quality than those aimed at the lowest common denominator, escaping into the world of a film is a universal experience that we all crave, no matter who we are or how greatly our tastes differ. The goal of this video is to at least begin to capture the essence of what that lose-yourself-to-film feeling is like...and to show just how many kick-ass movies 2010 gave us (because it's pretty easy to forget)."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails