Thursday, January 15, 2009

WOMAN PREGNANT WITH SIAMESE TWINS


A British woman is about to make medical history by giving birth to Siamese twins with two heads but just one body.

Lisa Chamberlain, 25, discovered that she was expecting rare dicephalus twins.

The babies have just a 20 per cent chance of survival, she and fiancĂ© Mike refused to end her pregnancy, which followed years of trying for a child. Lisa, insisted: “I feel blessed.”

Instead, they are looking forward to the day when Lisa gives birth to her dicephalus twins, one of the rarest known types of Siamese twins.

Lisa said: “Some people might look at me and say, ‘You’re going to give birth to a freak’ — but I don't care because I feel blessed. To me, my twins are a gift from God and we’re determined to give them their chance of life.”

If the babies survive, they will make British medical history as the nation’s first ever living dicephalus twins.

The condition occurs in only four per cent of Siamese twin births worldwide.

To read more, click here.

1 comment:

DisnyfanAndie said...

Am I the only one that thought the pic was an outline of a penis?

Related Posts with Thumbnails