Thursday, November 27, 2008

40 BEST TV THEME SONGS

Paste Magazine has put together a list of The 40 Best TV Theme Songs of All Time. I was surprised to see no mention of The Mod Squad. As a kid, I fell in love with that song and taped the theme song from our television set using a portable tape recorder. I would play outside, pretending to be a cool cop from the show while listening to that theme song over and over.

Of course, it's great seeing such classics listed like Sanford and Son and The X-Files. And no TV theme song list would be complete without The Andy Griffith Show's famous whistling tune (number 7 on the list). Personally, I can't think of a better opening for any television show than watching Andy and Opie Taylor walking side by side accompanied by that classic song. You can purchase the original soundtrack to the Andy Griffith Show at Amazon. And while the entire CD will bring back memories, it's worth every penny just to hear the heartbreaking theme for Aunt Bee.

Trivia: Most people don't know there are lyrics to The Andy Griffith Show theme song. It's called The Fishing Hole.

1 comment:

Tim Smith said...

I did know there were lyrics to the Andy griffith Show, but couldn't quote them like you probably could. I used to play while listening to the theme of the series SWAT. You know the part where they run through and grab their guns. I also used to tape TV shows on a cassette recorder. Somewhere I have an episode of Mork and Mindy and Return to Gilligans Island as well as some Muppet Show tapes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails