Friday, November 28, 2008

THE FISHING HOLE


I mentioned in a previous blog that The Andy Griffith Show theme song had lyrics. Here they are, so sing along to The Fishing Hole:

Well, now, take down your fishin' pole and meet me at the fishin' hole.
We may not get a bite all day, but don't you rush away.
What a great place to rest your bones and mighty fine for skippin' stones.
You'll feel fresh as a lemonade, a-settin' in the shade.
Whether it's hot, whether it's cool, oh what a spot for whistlin' like a fool.
What a fine day to take a stroll and wander by the fishin' hole.
I can't think of a better way to pass the time of day.

We'll have no need to call the roll when we get to the fishin' hole
There'll be you, me and Old Dog Trey, to doodle time away.
If we don't hook a perch or bass, we'll cool our toes in dewy grass
Or else pull up a weed to chaw, and maybe set and jaw.
Hangin' around, takin' our ease, watchin' that hound a-scratchin' at his fleas.
Come on, take down your fishin' pole and meet me at the fishin' hole
I can't think of a better way to pass the time of day.

Music by Earle Hagen and Herbert Spencer
Lyrics by Everett Sloane
(C) Copyright 1960, 1961, 1966 by Larrabee Music

1 comment:

Tim Smith said...

Similarly, I Dream of jeannie had lyrics that were written for the 2nd season on, but were never used on the show:

Jeannie, fresh as a daisy
Just love how she obeys me
Does things that just amaze me so
She smiles, presto, the rain goes
She blinks, up come the rainbows
Cars stop, even the train goes slow
When she goes by
She paints sunshine on every rafter
Sprinkles the air with laughter
We're close as a quarter after three
There's no one like Jeannie
I'd introduce her to you
But it's no use, sir
'Cause my Jeannie's in love with me
She's in love with me!


more useless trivia from the nerd in me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails