Sunday, March 15, 2009

JUST LISTEN: LIZ BRADY


This week's edition of Just Listen is a little different, mainly because I know very little of the artist or what she's singing about, but I've been hooked on Liz Brady since I first stumbled upon a Scopitone of her on YouTube. What little I know of her is from a 2005 Schlocker blog post:
Egyptian born yé-yé girl Liz Brady (Lisa Gautier) made 6(?) ep's between 1965 and 1967. In 1968 She and her sister moved to Québec where they formed the duo Les Scarabées. She still performs in Florida as Liza Brady.
So I put out a call to anyone out there who might know more about Liz Brady/Lisa Gautier/Lisa Brady or whatever name you might know her by, and where I could buy some of her music.

Meanwhile, enjoy the music of Liz Brady.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Her name is Liz Brady, her real name is not Gauthier at all!!!!!

The girl with whom she formed the duo "Les Scarabees" is not her sister and her name is Martine Gauthier.

Liz is now retired.

How do I know this? I'm related to her.

Keith said...

Thank you so much for the information! I really appreciate it.

I love her music. Do you have a link or source where I could buy some of her music?

Anonymous said...

I'll ask her for you :)

Keith said...

That would be great. Thank you very much!

Related Posts with Thumbnails