Tuesday, March 24, 2009

WHITE CASTLE WEDDING


Hey little sister, what have you done? It's a nice day for a White Castle Wedding.

Normally I don't post about things like this but since I'm from Kentucky and shamefully admit I love White Castle, here you go.

A Kentucky couple got married at a White Castle. They met while working there and made the home of the Slider burger their wedding chapel.
For one couple, it was a fairy tale wedding, castle and all, but it also included a side of burgers and fries.

Kurby and Krystal McDonald's love story began behind the counter.

"I started working here and her mother was working here and she said, 'my daughter's going to start here soon.' Is she single? 'yeah,'" said Kurby.

Soon after they started dating, and now nearly a year later, family and friends came together at the White Castle in London for their wedding, slider cake and all.

"Usually people get married in a church, but think about it, it's going to be a wedding to remember. How many weddings can you go to and then talk about it later and say 'hey, I had a wedding in a White Castle?'" said Kelli Vanarsdale, a friend of the bride.

"I decided it would be a good idea. This is where we met and I asked her about it and she said no way," said Kurby. "Yeah I wasn't too up for it at the beginning," said Krystal.

But at the end of the day, it only seemed right.

"I think it's a beautiful thing. It's where they met, it's where they fell in love. You know, so why not start out the union in the same place they started out their courtship?" said Vernon Vechene, the groom's brother.

Plus, it included all the food that comes with a white castle wedding.

"It was awesome, we had burgers and chicken and fries and we eat until we just couldn't eat no more, so we had a really good time and i think it went great," said Harlen Lockhart, the groom's brother-in-law.

The couple says it does not matter what others think.

"No, no, not really. It's about the union. I'm just happy to be with him," said Krystal.

And for her that is enough to make it a fairy tale wedding.

To be honest, I'm a little jealous I didn't get an invitation. I'd love to have some free White Castle hamburgers and a severe case of diarrhea.

Click here for the full story including a video report.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails