Monday, March 16, 2009

TAKE THIS CAKE AND SHOVE IT


Neil Berrett quit his job in a very unique way, he made his resignation letter into a cake. That's right, he said it in delicious frosting on a large sheet cake to give to his boss.
"Dear Mr. Bowers,

During the past three years, my tenure at the Hunters Point Naval Shipyard has been nothing short of pure excitement, joy and whim.

However, I have decided to spend more time with my family and attend to health issues that have recently arisen. I am proud to have been part of such an outstanding team and I wish this organization only the finest in future endeavors.

Please accept this cake as notification that I am leaving my position with NWT on March 27.

Sincerely,

W. Neil berrett"
That's a great way to leave a good taste in everyone's mouth for you.

source

3 comments:

Keith said...

I've never heard of anyone doing that. Very neat way of quitting your job.

Keith said...

I've only had a few nice bosses that I'd ever want to give a cake to. Most of 'em made me want to shove a cake in their face.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love the cake idea. I had a collegue that gave gifts to everyone when she retired. Some were really nice gifts and others were associated with a long standing joke. All gifts were wrapped up when we arrived at her retirement party. It was the BEST retirement party I have ever attended. It was so much fun to see what joke she was remembering and how the gift would reflect it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails