Saturday, May 16, 2009

CRUSHES: SARAH SHAHI








When I first began this blog, I tried to think of weekly features, posts which would make things easier for yours truly. An no-brainer was Pin-Up of the Week. Besides posting a cute model every week, I had my collection of vintage pin-up postcards right at my fingertips. A friend suggested using our childhood crushes for the post, such as actresses Lynda Carter, Farrah Fawcett and Erin Gray. Instead, I stuck to my guns and went with the vintage postcards. Now it seems time to expand and try out my friend's suggestion so welcome to the first edition of Crushes. Initially, my plan was to start with my very first crush, Cheryl Holdridge, an original Mousketeer from The Mickey Mouse Club but since I just discovered that NBC has canceled Life, I decided to go with Sarah Shahi.

Former NFL Cheerleader Sarah Shahi was born Aahoo Jahansouz on January 10, 1980, in Euless, Texas to an Iranian father and Spanish mother. She began a career her beauty queen as a teen and won the Miss Fort Worth USA pageant in 1997. She majored in English and Opera at Dallas' Southern Methodist University. Later she joined the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders and appeared on the cover of their 2000 calendar.

She met director Robert Altman while working as an extra on the set of Dr. T and the Women, who encouraged her to move to Hollywood. She's appeared in Supernatural, The Sopranos, The L Word and most recently Life on NBC.

2 comments:

Keith said...

Wow! She's incredibly hot!

Keith said...

And she's as talented as she is beautiful. Check out Life on NBC.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails