Sunday, May 3, 2009

JUST LISTEN: IDA MARIA (PT. 2)


Due to the computer virus I suffered last week, I wasn't able to post the second part of last Sunday's Just Listen. So here it is, better late than never.

Ida Maria's single, "Oh My God", received four stars from Rolling Stone.com, hit the #3 spot on Time's "Top Ten List of Everything in 2008" and was used for on-air promos of Gossip Girl.

"Find a cure/a cure for my life…Put a price/a price on my soul," is about "talking to myself, trying to figure out what this is all about. It was originally a very slow, soft ballad, that just became more and more angry, like a panic attack."

Ida Maria developed a legendary stage presence, often getting drunk before taking the stage. During one of her first shows, she began spinning around on stage and hit her head on a guitar, splitting it wide open.

"I didn't realize I was bleeding until afterward," she says. "Everything was just getting a bit out of hand. I thought we were really good because the crowd was going crazy, but I didn't realize people were screaming because of the blood."

Ida Maria delivers in every way and leaves you wanting more. And with today's music, that's a rare thing.

You can learn more about Ida Maria on her website and buy her music here.


2 comments:

Keith said...

I had never really heard anything from her. Great post. Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

Keith said...

I just learned about her recently. Thanks, Keith. Hope you had a great weekend as well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails