Tuesday, May 19, 2009

FROM THE COLLECTION: LA FONTAIN SISTERS


I picked this up a few years ago in a collection of postcards I bought online. The card is postmarked 1960 from Sarasota, Florida. I learned the following from The Circus Blog:

La Fontain was their stage name. They are from the Canestrelli family, an Italian circus family. Tosca is on the right and Chi Chi is in the center. The last time they worked together was on the Hubert Castle Circus in the 60’s.

If anyone out there knows more about the La Fontain Sisters, please let me know.

2 comments:

Keith said...

I don't think I've heard of them before. I'll have to see if I can find anything out.

Tim said...

This reminded me of the triplets that used to be on Pee Wee's Playhouse and always sang "These boots are made for walking".

Related Posts with Thumbnails