Saturday, December 6, 2008

HITLER WAS A NICE BOSS


I've had a few bad bosses, and while I'm not naming names, I can say I've called some of them "Hitler" (along with a few other choice names) but apparently Adolf Hitler was a great boss, treating his employees well.

Rosa Mitterer, now in her nineties, worked as a maid for Hitler at his mountain retreat in the 1930's. Joining her sister in Hitler's employment, Rosa became a servant in 1932 at the tender age of 15.

And her verdict on her former master: 'He was a charming man, someone who was only ever nice to me, a great boss to work for. You can say what you like, but he was a good man to us.'

Rosa's remembrances of life at the court of the tyrant make gripping reading. She saw leading Nazis come and go. Himmler, the evil party secretary; Bormann, whom she described as a 'dirty pig'; and the club-footed, sexually-obsessed propaganda minister Goebbels.

Rosa went into Hitler's service at the age of 15 in 1932 when she was Rosa Krautenbacher. Her sister Anni had worked as a cook at Hitler's Berchtesgaden retreat since the late 1920s.

'She said he needed a housemaid and I would fit the bill,' Rosa recalled. 'I remember so clearly the first day I spoke to him in the kitchen. I said I was Anni's sister and that made him smile, because Anni was his favourite. I only ever knew Hitler as a kindly man who was good to me.'
For the full article, click here.

He may have been a good boss, but he forever killed that mustache style.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was interested. I have never read anything about how he treated his house staff.

Related Posts with Thumbnails