Thursday, June 18, 2009

SNOW WHITE TRASH




Let's face it, happily ever after is never going to happen for anyone, not even for a princess. Photographer Dina Goldstein started the project Fallen Princesses when her daughters developed an interest in Disney's Fairy Tales.

"As a young girl, growing up abroad, I was not exposed to Fairy tales. These new discoveries lead to my fascination with the origins of Fairy tales. I explored the original brothers Grimm's stories and found that they have very dark and sometimes gruesome aspects, many of which were changed by Disney. I began to imagine Disney's perfect Princesses juxtaposed with real issues that were affecting women around me, such as illness, addiction and self-image issues."

The project is nearly finished with two more photographs to be shot before the exhibit premieres October 15, 2009.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails