Thursday, November 5, 2009

JUST LISTEN: CARLENE CARTER (PT. 2)


With June Carter as her mother and Johnny Cash as her stepfather, Carlene Carter knows something about music. With twelve albums and more than twenty singles, Carlene Carter has proven herself in the musical world. But during a dark period in her life, involving drugs and exhaustion, she stopped recording for thirteen years.

She's recovered now and back with a new album, Stronger.

"In America, country music is getting saturated with new artists. Record buyers are a lot younger... I'm basically starting all over again, which is fine. That's okay. This way, I can pick and choose what I want to do. I'm not going to do the whole running ragged thing again. I still want to have a life and be happy and doing what I'm doing... I'm taking it slow. Everything's happening the way it's supposed to happen so far."

And she promises it won't be another thirteen years before we hear from her again, saying she's already at work on her album.

You can learn more about Carlene Carter at the Carlene Carter Fan Club as well as purchase her music here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails