Monday, October 19, 2009

I WANT TO BELIEVE

"Here's a thank you to all our fans!"


I want to believe another X-Files film wouldn't suck as much as the last movie. David Duchovny wants to give it another try (guess he needs another yacht). The Daily Beast caught up with Duchovny where he mentions a third film in the franchise:

One of those downers was getting typecast as Fox Mulder for many years, essentially parodying and regurgitating the character in Evolution, Zoolander, and various sci-fi videogames.

“A show or movie with the staying power of The X-Files happens so rarely, it’s a once-in-a-lifetime event for an actor, and a certain residue accrues to a person when they are involved in something like that,” Duchovny says pensively. “There was a prejudice within the Hollywood community where they didn’t know I could do anything else. I understand the residue and I don’t resent it, but certainly I am happy to have created another character that’s so different, in a different genre, and I would love to keep doing that.”

However, Duchovny looks forward to filming a third X-Files film in the near future. “As far as the X-Files movie I’d like to do next, if we get a chance to do it, would be a return to the heart and soul of the mythology, which is the alien-oriented conspiracy. I think it’s natural for The X-Files to have another movie in 2012, so we’ll see if we get to do it.” He defends last year’s widely panned I Want to Believe, as well as the polarizing last few seasons of the television run: “I was happy with it… I have nothing but respect for [X-Files creator] Chris Carter and the writing staff.”

Whatever. On behalf of all X-files fans, let me thank you David for ruining The X-Files by leaving the most successful project you've ever had in your career. How did that work out for you? Evolution 2 on the way any time soon? Of course, David Duchovny isn't the only culprit for the show tanking. Let's not forget how Chris Carter abandoned the series to write short-lived shows like Millennium, Harsh Realm and The Lone Gunmen. The X-Files should have went out with a bang, instead of a whimper.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails