Wednesday, April 15, 2009

FEED ME AGAIN SEYMOUR


I'm don't like musicals but I loved Frank Oz's film, Little Shop of Horrors. It's one of my favorite movies, so I'm sad to report another remake is on the way. That's right, Little Shop of Horrors is being remade again.

ShockTilYouDrop and Bloody Disgusting reports straight-to-DVD director Declan O'Brien will remake the Roger Corman classic.

"After I did this movie for Roger called Cyclops he was so happy he said, 'This is the best movie that's come through my doors in 20 years, so here's my catalogue, pick something else.'" While he won't say much, O'Brien did reveal one thing: "It wont be a musical. It'll be dark. I have a take on it you're not going to expect. I'm taking it in a different direction, let's put it that way."

Maybe it could work in the hands of a better director, possibly someone who didn't make films like Wrong Turn 3. I enjoyed The Ruins, another movie about killer plants, but that was due to the script being written by Scott Smith, the author of the novel.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go sing along with my copy of the Little Shop of Horror soundtrack.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails