Sunday, April 19, 2009

TIGER GIRL




I love the internet. You can learn so much and see things you never knew existed, like this 1968 one-shot comic book from Gold Key Comics called Tiger Girl. Tiger Girl follows Lily Taylor, an aerialist for the Dingaling and South Circus, who is "as beautiful as Venus, as fierce as a creature of the jungle." Her alter ego as Tiger Girl sees her using her tigers from the circus to help her fight crimes.

Beware, There's A Crosseyed Cyclops In My Basement!!! has the entire issue available for download absolutely free. You'll have to download a comic book reader in order to read the issue. I'm not for downloading comic books. I love to hold the comic book in my hands, feel the cheap paper and smell the dusty pages as I lose myself in the adventure. But sometimes you have to use technology to get a sneak peek at a rare issue like this. From now on, at every comic book convention I attend, I'll be keeping an eye out for Tiger Girl, who battles crime with the ferocity of a bengal tiger!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails